POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Speed difference in MegaPOV... : Re: Speed difference in MegaPOV... Server Time
2 Sep 2024 10:15:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speed difference in MegaPOV...
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 29 Feb 2000 21:52:40
Message: <38bc85f8@news.povray.org>
I've been working on optimizing MegaPov.

Here are features that caused slowdown even when not in use:
* motion blur (it wasn't too bad, but even a little bit is bad)
* uv mapping - this was the worst
* dispersion
* reflection blur

There are other factors that are also affecting the speed, but I haven't
tracked them all down yet.  So far, I've fixed motion blur and uv mapping,
and I'll be fixing the others soon.  The next version of MegaPov will be
significantly faster.

-Nathan

Rich <spa### [at] mindspringcom> wrote...